Wednesday, July 29, 2009

RSS Aggregator

I have just completed the RSS Aggregator, and it was SO much easier than I expected!

I followed the steps that Scot outlined for stuff to be completed in Week 4, and for some strange reason, mine was NO where near as complicated as I expected it to be.

The blogs that I was following were already on there, as I have been going into my colleagues blogs, etc. and clicking on the 'follow' button on each of their blog pages. I was not aware, but this automatically created a 'subscription' within my Google Reader account.

Due to the fact that I have been 'following' (only in a friendly way, not a cyber-stalker way :)) people, everything came up automatically for me! The only person I had to add was myself.
When I added my own blog, it came up automatically as the kind of 'head' blog that I am following. I will put a screen dump of what my RSS Aggregator looks like.
As you can see, I am (at the moment) following 10 of my colleague's blogs. There is also another section (as most of you probably already know) which shows all of the posts and their titles that each person has completed on their blog. It also shows all of the feeds that I have completed (as you can see, I am at the top of the list, hence the 'head' blog).
I am SO happy that I have now completed this task, because it was something that I was dreading doing because it sounded so hard and difficult and confusing!
Feel free to ask any questions if you are having trouble (keep in mind I only completed my RSS Aggregator through Google, not Outlook).
Have a good one!
Claire

2 comments:

  1. Claire,

    I agree, it was much easier than I expected. I too was a bit daunted, but it is cool. How are you finding it following so many blogs? I am only at five at the moment, I find that I have trouble keeping up with all of them.

    Sandi

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sandi,

    When I follow the blogs, I just find it easiest to be a little picky with which ones I actually look at.

    The ones that have blogs that I am actually interested in at the moment, or the ones that would help me with my assignment are the ones I look at.

    If I looked at all of them, I would be spending my 10 hours per week, purely looking at blogs!

    Claire

    ReplyDelete